Dreams...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sep. 3rd, 2011

Soren
This won't pertain to many, but I did a friends cut. 95% was people who hadn't posted in months, and the other 5% was people who didn't post more than a few times over the past year, so...nothing personal.

Tags:

A few thoughts...

Soren
I don't think I need to mention there are spoilers.

My thoughts on the whole Sandor/LF thingCollapse )

Tags:

A GAME OF THRONES, BITCHES.

Soren
So, The premier of Game of Thrones has come and gone, and I'm still blown away. It was FANTASTIC. I thought I'd share some thoughts as I watch it for the 3rd time.

SPOILERS APLENTYCollapse )

I want a direwolf pup now.

Tags:

Blargh!

Chi sleep
UGH. LJ. The BRIGHT YELLOW BANNER. IT HURTS THE EYES.

Seriously.

Anyways, since Friday, this has just been hell week. I'm so tired of coughing. Ace is now hacking. Liam is now hacking. Lilia's hack is getting better, so I guess that's a good thing.

I finished one custom, working on a second. I'm thinking once I'm done with this, I'm going to revamp Bozu Bottoms a little on etsy, and work out a better pricing map.

I'm also tired of my throat hurting. Sorry random.

I'm getting so psyched for Game of Thrones. 38 days. It's too far away! And Dance with Dragons...oh lord, world don't end until I get my hands on that book. Actually do me a favor and wait until he finishes the series. And let me read it.

Ack, head hurting. Time to relax, have a snack then sleep. Please please please, let me get better this weekend.

meme fun, day 4

Soren
30 day meme
The listCollapse )

Day 4- Your favorite book

Right now it's a tie between George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series, and Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel series.

A Song of Ice and Fire is an INTENSE series. I just love it, it's got characters I love, characters I hate. It's got politically intrigue, murder, love, rape, sex, food, war, dragons, incest and R'hllor.

Kushiel's series is just great, not for the faint of heart in sexual relations. I mean, a book about a heroine that likes cruel and rough sex. It's a fun series, although the 3rd book is pretty dark.



Cut done

Soren
Friends cut done. Always sad imo. We had our chance to connect, and it's gone. If you feel that the chance isn't gone and you still want to be my friend, please say something. Not saying anything to me is probably why I cut you. A few were because you haven't updated in years. Including some really really close friends, but I don't think you are coming back to LJ and I know where you are elsewhere on the big bad web.

Tags:

Crock pot yogurt

Soren
So I made some yogurt in my new crock pot. I specifically bought the 4 quart slow cooker for this recipe. I mean, I wanted something between my big crock pot and my mini dipper, but if I hadn't planned on doing yogurt, I probably would not have bought it. I'm glad I did though, since it was on sale too!

I used this blog as reference.

I started it last night. Nothing big- whole milk, and then I ended up using Hannaford brand yogurt (as it was the only fresh one I had in the house.) It didn't seem to make a difference in flavor that I used a lemon flavored one.

It set over night, and in the morning, voila! Yogurt. It was a tad more liquidy than store brands, but I liked it nonetheless. I separated it into 3 types. Plain, fruit and greek.


Greek Yogurt
Greek Yogurt
I let some of the yogurt sit in a sieve with some coffee filters to remove some of the whey. I did it for an afternoon, and it worked well.
Fruit flavored
Fruit flavored
Pureed some frozen strawberries, and added it to the yogurt. Delicious!
Greek and Honey
Greek and Honey
Plain greek style yogurt and some cinnamon honey. OMG, it was great!



With the fruit yogurt, that had a bit more liquid in it after the fruit was added. I think next time, I might just puree the fruit and add it when I go to eat it. Which is what the plain is for.

The consistency in general is good. It's not uber thick like the stuff you get in the store. It's thick though- it sticks to the spoon, so it sort of reminded me of glue. The greek style was amazing after it was drained. I also am using the whey from the drained yogurt in some oatmeal. :P

I'll have to remember to keep 1/2 cup as a starter for the next batch.

Tags: